So we planned on getting the truck at 8am to start packing. lol. I don't remember at this point why we didnt start earlier but when we finally did make it to the truck rental place as we were leaving the engine light came on. Which should have been a sign of how the day would un-fold. Once the truck was fixed we headed to lunch with my parents then to the storage place. Marc backed up the truck, pulled out the loading dock and asked, "do you have the key for the front door?". I said nope. Marc packed up the truck moved it out of the way and off to the Ford dealership to retrieve the key out of our car that was getting a tune up for our trip. The man had to take the car down from the loading dock and as he did the tray went flying across the room(it was chained or attached to the lever for some reason) Marc about had a heart attack thinking it was our bumper. hehe. So key in hand we go back to the storage place, back the car up, pull out the loading dock and open the door walk down the hall and Marc asks. "do you have the key to the lock of the storage?" I answer yes. I then try to open the lock with the WRONG key and hate to even mention to Marc that it is and finally do Marc is not happy but we head back to the car dealer to look in the car for the key and end up waiting for the car bc they said it would be finished shortly. So finally at 4pm we end up loading the truck, drive to moms to finish putting the stuff from her house in the car and when all is packed it is midnight. Marc has school work to finish and I have to finish up last minute bills, with that done I crawl literally into bed and Marc asks, "Do you have the truck key". OMG I say no. We both start looking and find them searching with the flashlight outside in the driveway. Once again I crawl into bed and AGAIN,Marc "Do you have the car keys". ARG! I say no you had them he says no I handed them to you and back in forth we go but thankfully I find them in the car door. I walk back in the house throw them to him he catches them I crawl back into bed for the final time, he sits down to finish his school work and that was it.
Day Two
Awake at 5am to get kids up. Get ready and finish packing up car. 5:45 Angela, Tiff, Campbell and Abbi arrive to say our last goodbyes. Hugs, kisses and a few tears and we are off! Marchal is with Marc and Hannah is with me. Hannah and I entertain our selves with Car Karaoke, 80's music, punch buggie count-off, and lots of laughs. We found out the Alexis Joel song, notice me is not Go to sleep and the New kids on the block song hanging tough is not saying Santa. hehe. We drove through, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Missouri(as I call it Misery). We stopped finally at 11:30 and crashed.
Day Three
Go up at 8am, ate and headed out finally at 11am. We decided to take it easy since we were exhausted from the day before. It started to rain and as I turned on the wipers the passengers wiper broke. Detour. We head 10 miles out of the way to pick up a new set up wipers. So at 12:30 we finally get on the road. Drove through Misery state again, Iowa, Nebraska and finally Wyoming. I had Marchal and heard all day how he wanted to drive in the truck with his daddy and then the next minute he was shooting (with his play gun) all the trucks and cars on the road. He also was playing the "18 wheeler honk your horn" game and the grand total was 12. He would get so excited every time. He finally crashed in the car around 10pm as he was sitting and upset with me bc I told him we could send his friends Campbell and Grace an invite to his bday party in Feb but they lived to far away to come. =C So he sat there saying fine I will only have my sister there. =C again. We finally made it to Cheyenne Wyoming at 12am. Woo Hoo.
Day four
Woke up at 9am NICE took the dogs for a walk, then later took a nap with the windows open, nice breeze coming through, ate dinner outside(no mosquito's =D) caught up on facebook and then off to bed.
Day five
woke up at 7:30am to take dogs out, everyone else was asleep so I curled up in chair to look up emails, then woke Hannah up for her big surprise(horse back riding). I couldn't go bc you have to be 8 and Marchal is only 5. Thankfully he has not asked about her yet. I have distracted him with the Wii. lol. So when Hannah and Marc sneak back into the house we head to Olive Garden for Hannah's favorite meal, Mussels. YUCK. then meet up with my brother and his family to celebrate the Air Forces Birthday with some airmen and cake. YUM. We were also invited to our or my first Porch Call. Which is another word for a gathering on the porch with food, friends, and lots of stories. We all started out together and slowing it ended up with women on one side and the men on the other. It reminded me of something you would do in the south on a large wrap around porch on a nice breezy day. And did I mention NO BUGS. AH. We ended the night with a run to Culver's(an awesome burger joint) and Target to gather supplies for our remaining time on the road. I am starting to feel yucky so I grabbed some meds and crawled into bed. Thankfully we all know where the keys are so no hide and seek with the keys tonight. lol.
Day Six
We left my brothers around 7am. Sad we couldn't stay longer but Marc had to get to work. We were ready for our 12hrs on the road. Hannah was my passenger and we spend the time with the windows down and the wind blowing through our hair.(which we would regret later bc of all the tangles.) listening to 80s music, audio books, 18wheeler horn's, and Hannah trying to get on Radio Disney. We decided not to drive late at night again(thankfully) so we pulled off right outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. We ended the night with yummy local pizza, bubble baths and some tv in bed.
Day Seven(Oregon Bound)
We woke up with excitement knowing we would make it to our new home sweet home. Ate breakfast, filled up the car and grabbed some munchies and off we went. Once we hit the Oregon border it was amazingly beautiful. Mountains, rivers, forest, trains, winding roads, etc. Once we hit Newberg I was so excited I kept clapping and Hannah looked at me and said you are weird. But I couldn't help it. I was so excited to see the blessing God had for me with our house. As we finally made it to our new home we all walked in together. The kids ran upstairs to see their new rooms. Marchal told Hannah she could pick her room if he could get a prize at the store later. (he is such the negotiator-but thankfully doesnt remember he still has not gotten his prize-lol). We then started to unpack the boxes galore and pulled out our mattresses to lay our heads on and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment