Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 22: A picture of something you wish you were better at.

Well, of course there are a lot of things I wish I was better at like cooking, photography, my fitness, patience, keeping in touch with friends and family, cleaning my house.  But the one thing that sticks out for me is making connections with people.  I wish I was better at going into a crowd and meeting new people everywhere I went.  My father was like that.  We use to go to Wal-Mart, come out and my dad would be standing outside talking to his new friend.  They would leave each other saying how they would see each other Friday night at the football game.  My sister is the same way.  They never meet a stranger. 
I am more cautious about who I let into my life.  And in a way that may be a good thing but I don't like the feeling of walking into a room feeling shy, alone, and then awkward.  It is almost like the enemy is saying "You are not good enough, they won't like you" and God is saying"Don't listen to that , I have not made you that way, you are wonderfully made"  Whenever I step out in faith and listen to God things always turn out for the best but it does take alot for me to make that first step toward that new friend.
this picture you may think has nothing to do with me but it does.  This is my father and my sister. It actually is my favorite picture of them two. They are both smiling and it shows their hearts.  I love to see my father smiling and when I look at this picture it reminds me of his outgoing personality and how much my sister was like him.  Something I want to be better at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment