BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
here is the link where I got the recipe
place chicken in crock pot with a can of "Chicken and Rice" soup and cook for 4 hrs. No need for extra liquid. After the chicken cooks I took the skin and bones off left them in the pot and shredded the chicken. You can then use the shredded chicken for casseroles like chicken and pasta, chicken pot pot, and I used if for my chicken quesadillas. Great budget friendly cooking. After you cook your chicken you can also leave the bones and skin in the crock pot and add 5 cups of water and continue cooking for 8 hrs and you have homemade chicken broth for soups etc later on. You can freeze them until you need them.
Corn Bread
most of you southern ladies know how to cook this but this was my very first time making cornbread from scratch. No pre-made mix here. And I got rave reviews.http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/10/skillet-cornbread/
Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds(YUM-O Award of the week)
here is the link to the site where I got the recipe.
As you probably can see I love the site Pioneer woman. She lays it out step by step for me and that makes it so much easier. Especially since I am a visual learner.
Enjoy and forward your comments. I will post more as I venture out more into becoming Better Crocker and then hopefully turn myself in to Julia Child's. hehe.


I tried cooking Chicken Quasadillas the other day! :)
ReplyDeleteI actually did a pretty good job. haha