Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Girls Just want to have fun!!!!

Just thinking of that song makes me want to get up and dance.  If you haven't seen the movie I would highly recommend it.  It is one of my favorites.  But, that has on nothing to do with this post. 
My friend Angela has a daughter who has a birthday 2 weeks  before Hannah's and when she heard we would be home (Alabama) she asked me if I would be okay for the two of them to have a birthday party together.  That way Hannah could celebrate her 11th birthday with her friends in Alabama.  I said of course and Hannah was ecstatic.
We had 12 girls (counting our 2) who were going to be spending the night, go on a scavenger hunt, paint nails, make duck tape wallets, watch a movie and eat lots of junk food.  I was a little worried at first.  I think anyone thinking of having that many girls together over night would too.  Except for my friend Angela-lol.  I think that is why I love her so much.  I am sort of uptight about things and she is so nonchalant about it all.  We even each other out.
So the girls came to Angela's house and made duck tape creations(for some reason this craft keeps showing up in my post) and played outside.  At 6pm we had family and friends come to sing and eat cake. then at 7pm the fun began.  We started our scavenger hunt.  We broke into teams of 2 and each team has envelopes they could open once they completed the previous task.  We had them run backwards in a grocery store down every isle, roll down a hill, dip their heads in a fountain, take a picture on a golf cart, etc.  It was a great competition that all ended at a Mexican restaurant for cheese dip and waters.  We then headed back to the house for some nail art, facials, chocolate fountain madness and end it all with a movie piled in the living room.  We had a blast and the girls that came all got along so well. I was so impressed.  Kinda made me want to be a cheer mom.  NOT!  lol. 

 Nail Art and Movie time
 Scavenger Hunt teams
 silly dress up and facials
 duck tape creations and the cutest birthday cake ever
 cheese dip time-YUM
 making wishes

 some scavenger hunt fun.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recap of an exciting night! Loved looking at the pics again- dont forget we have duplicate Birthdays in February :) cept we will have to do baseball games and skate parks haha

    ReplyDelete