Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree......

The kids were all excited.  We had planned for weeks to get a REAL tree this year.  Marc and I had not gotten a real tree since Hannah was 1 year old.  We threw out our old tree bc it had been sitting in our garage back in Alabama and some how bugs got into it.  Little did we know or remember at the time we had all of our Christmas ornaments a.k.a. Vacation memories in the box also.  Yes, every time we would go on a trip or vacation we bought an ornament.  Not the typical souvenir shirt but a Christmas ornament. I know I have drove Marc nuts several times searching everywhere for the perfect one or one at all.  Thankfully we did find in another box one from our cruise to the Bahamas and also the ones my brother gave us from when he lived in DC and the most important one to me at least, one of my grandmothers that we used to put on my childhood tree.  So it was not a total loss. The kids did make some this year.  hehe. 

Marchal's creation-left   My favorite-center    Hannah's creation-right.
Here in Oregon you see tree farms or someone selling trees on every corner.  Marc found this tree farm on his ride home from work.  "Any Tree $10.00, U cut/I cut" SWEET.  Most charge you a fee to cut it for you but this place didn't.  We search row after row and the kids kept getting deeper and deeper in the trees in search for the perfect one.  Marchal kept looking for the tallest(which would not fit in our house). Finally we found it, the perfect tree.  The gentleman came and cut it down for us, and loaded it on the car.
After that we headed to the ferry up the road.  A short ferry ride but he kids loved it and were so excited.  Then we headed home to take it in our home and decorate. 

Marchal using his pocket knife to help get the tree down. 
I think I had those little wire hooks everywhere. All thanks to the help from my little ones . Marchal hung up all the red balls(go figure-he is obsessed with RED) and Hannah hung up the lime green ones.  Right before we were all done Marchal fell off the stool and ended up bruising his little bottom. Poor thing.  Thankfully he didn't break anything. 
I can't wait until I can put all the presents under the tree. 
The wreath we bought from Hannah's school.  So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment