Mostly, I want to thank my father. If it weren't for his service my brother and sister would not of had the life and opportunities we did. To see a man who serves his country first hand was a gift. He instilled in us strength, pride, helping others, a strong work ethic, and mostly love. Most of his lessons we didn't realize until he passed away last January. He was a quiet hero, never wanting the spotlight in the secret things he had done. How amazing that is to me! I used to have to shine my dad shoes for him and at that time I hated it, but what I would give to be able to do it today. For now I know what that represented. My mere shining his shoes was a speck for what he had done for our country. Thank you Dad for all the things we still are unaware you did. And a BIG Thank you for all that we do know. You were truly a hero in your families eyes.
This is my dad's father in France 1944
Some of my father's times in the Air Force
A few I found of my husband back in the 1990's. I know there is more out there but couldn't find any. Nana must have them.
My brother who is currently serving our wonderful country in the Air Force. Yes, Donnie and Melissa I did steal these off of Facebok. lol. Sorry. I am so proud of my brother service to our country, following our father's footsteps.
Thanks also to all the military soldiers out there; current and past. Thanks doesn't seem to be enough esp in our times today. Maybe one day I can show my gratitude fully. Until then know you are not forgotten or taken for granted. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.



Wow! Thanks for making me tear up :) Very nicely written. Love you!
ReplyDelete