Sunday, December 18, 2011

"A Christmas Together 2011" Concert

Our church was hosting this concert to help gather much needed supplies for a local food bank in the area.  How appropriate since our family was trying to light up our community with deeds.  We love music and helping others so it was a perfect match. 

We showed up early like they suggested and "bad mommie" points for me realized we had to stand outside until they opened the doors and Hannah had a jacket on but only a very thin one and was freezing. So we cuddled with her arms wrapped around me and my jacket wrapped around her.  lol.  Once we were inside we stood in line and waited to not only get in but to meet up with our new community small group that we had just joined.  Thankfully they had connections(lol) and had already saved our seats.  The kids and I grabbed some warm drinks and then we sat and waited for the concert to arrive. 
Thankfully we were at the end because Marchal was in full swing that night.  I think he had ants in his pants and brain because he would not sit still or stay happy.  He ended up sitting on the floor with bibles all around him and pens acting like he was drumming.  Sometimes he would get way too in to his drumming I felt sorry for the people around him that had to keep hearing the clicking of the pens hammering on the bibles.  I know God was pleased with his passion.  lol.  I finally told him that when the music slows down to not drum as hard and when the band was in full swing it was okay. 
Hannah on the other hand was loving all of it.  She has always been a lover of music.  Something her and her daddy have in common.  I could see her singing and playing music with her hands the whole time.  This made my heart happy. 
After the concert was over, we then headed to purchase some cd's of the amazing artist.  Some I had never heard of but now I am a new fan.  Hannah really loved the only lady singer, Molly Jenson.  We got her cd and took her picture with Hannah.  And Hannah passed out last night listening to her music.
Marchal, Marc and I fell for the Pawnstar Kings.  They were a Gospel, Mountain, Southern kind of mix.  Just got our feet tapping.  Marchal stood in line watching every move they made and when we finally got up to them he snapped into shy mode and wouldn't talk to them. They signed a cd for him with  Marchal's name and were really sweet to him.  We listen to their music on the way home. 





All of the artist were great.  Here is the link to the web site to learn more about each one of them. Who knows you may find a new artist you love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment